With this book, you will learn hybrid mobile application development using Ionic. This book uses Cordova 5.0.0, Ionic CLI 1.5.0, and Ionic 1.0.0 to explain the concepts and build apps.
To begin with, the book helps you understand where Ionic fits in today’s world. Then, you will dive deep into Ionic CSS components and Ionic-AngularJS directives and services. You will also examine theming Ionic apps using the built-in SCSS setup.
Next, you will learn to build an Ionic client for a secure REST API, where you will implement user authentication and token-based development. Cordova and ngCordova will be explored, and you will learn how you can integrate device-specific features such as a camera and Geolocation with an Ionic app. We will wrap up the book by building a messaging app, which deals with talking to Firebase (a real-time data store), as well as device features.
By the end of this book, you will be able to develop a hybrid mobile application from start to finish, and generate device-specific installers.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how a hybrid mobile application works
- Familiarize yourself with Cordova and see how it fits into hybrid mobile application development
- Learn how to theme Ionic apps as well as customize components using Ionic SCSS support
- Develop an app that builds a client for a secure REST API using Ionic and AngularJS
- Develop a real-time chat app using Firebase that consumes ngCordova
- Learn how to generate a device-specific installer for an Ionic app using Ionic CLI as well as Ionic cloud services
Buy the book here